The settings allow you to adjust the default settings of your organisation in the Assetti environment. By updating the settings, you can change and add new values to existing Assetti categories, such as asset classes, property type, or contract type.
REMEMBER that changing the settings affects the entire operating environment of your organisation, so we recommend that you make the changes carefully. By default, the administrator is the only user able to edit these settings.
How to update the data field settings
1. Open your User menu from your username on the top right corner.
2. Choose Settings from the drop down menu.
3. In settings view, you see data groups divided by 11 main categories, each including a related list of data fields.
4. You can edit existing and add new values for these data fields in 8 different languages (English, Finnish, Swedish, German, Dutch, French, Norwegian, and Danish) for localisation purposes.
- 'Settings' doesn't show all the available languages by default, only those that are set as the preferred language of at least one user in your environment.
5. Select the data field:
- To edit an existing value click on the row of value you wish to edit, and press Enter.
- To add a value, click the Add button at the bottom left of the value table. Add the new value to your preferred languages and press Enter.
6. Click Save to complete your changes.
How to hide an old value of a data field
If you have a value that is no longer valid for your data, you can hide it from the data field's options with settings without affecting your existing database.
1. In Settings, open the data field you wish to update, such as Property > Property type.
2. On the row of the value you wish to hide, enable the checkbox under the Hide column.
3. Click Save to complete, you should see the Hide status of the value changed from No to Yes.
4. A hidden value should not be available as an option when you add new data from the UI, but is still used for existing records.